Since joining The In-Depth Genealogist as a partner back in 2013, I have been editing and designing the monthly magazine, Going In-Depth. The magazine is focused on providing information for all levels of genealogy enthusiasts and is written by a team of writers. Each issue is edited and published by our team and the covers are all photos of people who are unidentified. I hope that someday a cover will look familiar to someone and the mystery of who they are will be resolved. In the meantime, I enjoy reading the articles and have learned so much from our contributors. It’s a real joy for me to work on the magazine every month.
- Curated, Edited, and Created Layouts for each issue which includes approximately 48 to 72 pages.
- Initially published as a PDF on Issuu.com, then as a PDF for download, and recently available for purchase as a paperback.
- This work includes the use of Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop to develop a process that incorporated the 19 different contributors from all over the world.
- Developed a publication schedule for contributors to follow.
- Each image used in the magazine is examined for potential copyright issues and credited whenever possible.
Below are a few of the covers of the magazine that I have designed. Full copies of some of the magazines are available on Issuu.
I also had the pleasure of working as the Associate Editor for the Federation of Genealogical Societies’ publication FORUM. I assisted with editing and layout for four issues.